LRP Websites Privacy Statement
Throughout LRP websites, there are forms for visitors to request information, products, and services. These forms may ask for contact information (such as your home and/or work phone number, fax number, street address and/or email address, employer name and job title), unique identifiers (usually your LRP customer number, if one is available, or other log-in credential), financial information (such as your credit card number), or demographic information (for example, your birth year, location, certification designation, etc.). Contact information from these forms is used to provide the products, promotional materials, or memberships that you request. Forms on our site that request financial information do so in order to bill you for products or services ordered. Unique identifiers are collected from website visitors to verify the user's identity for access to restricted content or features on the site.
- What information of yours do LRP Websites collect?
- What organization collects the information and who has access to it?
- How does LRP use the information it collects?
- How can you modify your personal information?
- What is the opt-out policy for LRP Websites?
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
Questions or Complaints regarding this Privacy Statement should be directed to:
360 Hiatt Drive,
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
- What information of yours do LRP websites collect?
- Our goal is to become your destination for industry-related information by providing information, services, and product offerings that are most relevant to you in the most convenient way. To achieve this goal, LRP Websites collect information about site visitors.
- Information collected online is usually defined as being either anonymous or personally identifiable.
- Anonymous information refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. LRP collects some information each time a visitor comes to a LRP website, so we can improve the overall quality of the visitor's online experience. For example, LRP collects the visitor's IP address, browser, and platform type (e.g., Internet Explorer browser on a Windows platform). Gathering this data helps us to learn what browsers we need to support. Other anonymous information helps us determine what sections of LRP Websites are most popular and how many visitors come to our site(s). You do not have to register with LRP websites before we can collect this anonymous information.
- Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are (e.g., your name, home and/or work email address, postal address, phone number and/or fax number, and your employer and job title, and if you are making a purchase, your credit card information). You are only required to provide such information if you want to take advantage of optional products and services provided through our website(s). We may also collect demographic information about you (e.g., birth year, certification designation, etc.).
- LRP collects personal information in the following ways from different parts of its website(s):
- Registration: When registering for specific services or events you may be asked for the same type of personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, home and/or work email address, postal address, phone number and/or fax number, and your employer and job title, etc., and if you are making a purchase, your credit card information) and demographic information about you (e.g., birth year, certification designation, etc.). For example, if you subscribe to an email newsletter, you will be asked to provide your email address.
- Online Purchases: When you make a purchase using the LRP Store or when you subscribe to a LRP publication through our website we may also ask for the same type of personally identifiable information (e.g., name, home and/or work email address, postal address, phone number and/or fax number, and your employer and job title, etc., and if you are making a purchase, your credit card information) and demographic information about you (e.g., birth year, certification designation, etc.). The number and variety of useful services on LRP Websites that may require collection of personally identifiable information and demographic information about you will continue to grow in the future.
What are "cookies" and how does LRP use them?
- Identify return visitors. Cookies let us remember your web browser so we can provide personalized member services such as My LRP and LRP search agents. Cookies also allow us to identify LRP members who are returning to the site.
Managing cookies in your browser
- Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You can easily delete and manage any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser by following the instructions provided by your particular browser manufacturer.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
- If your browser is not listed here, consult the documentation that your particular browser manufacturer provides. You may also consult your mobile device documentation for information on how to disable cookies on your mobile device. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this Site.
What organization collects the information and who has access to it?
- Data collected through LRP's website(s) is generally collected and maintained solely by LRP or its contracted vendors. More specifically:
- Personally identifiable information:
- Sensitive Personal information – LRP does not share nor does LRP publish sensitive personal information.
- Anonymous information:
- We disclose to third-party sponsors/advertisers aggregate statistics (i.e., impressions and click-throughs on a company's advertisement). Also, we may share aggregate website statistics with the media or other third parties.
LRP websites use several tools and tracking services to collect information about use of the site, such as the following.
- Google Analytics
- DoubleClick by Google
- These tools and services collect information such as how often users visit this site, what pages or screens they visit on LRP websites, mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as any text you type in the website. We use the information we collect to improve the site, offer better services, and to provide you a more personalized experience, including personalized ads on LRP websites and other websites. We do not use these tools to collect any personal information nor do we combine the collected information with personally identifiable information. The information may be collected by planting a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user whenever you visit the site. These cookies can only be used by the tools planting them and cannot be shared across tools and the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains.
- You can choose to opt out of these tools and tracking services by going to the URL -http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You can also disable cookies on your browser to prevent these tools from recognizing you on return visits to the site. (http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml).
How does LRP use the information it collects?
- LRP collects information to provide you with the services you request and to improve our website(s). We retain this information for as long as we anticipate that we still have a reasonable need for the information. Information you provide us in doing so to send you information that LRP believes is relevant and useful to you.
- As mentioned above, LRP uses the aggregate, anonymous data collected to let us know the number of impressions or views and the number of "click throughs" on our advertisement(s). LRP also uses this aggregate, anonymous data to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our site visitors; to measure user interests regarding specific areas of LRP Websites; and to analyze how and where best to use our resources. Without such data, we would not know which parts of LRP Websites are the most popular, and we would not be able to change and update the content and services appropriately.
- LRP may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information on individual users to the appropriate governmental authorities. In matters involving a danger to personal or public safety, LRP may voluntarily provide information to appropriate governmental authorities.
- What is the opt-out policy?
- Instructions for opting out of any LRP email you receive are included with each email.
- You may opt-out or direct questions regarding your personal information to LRP Customer Service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-800-727-1227.
- Your California Privacy Rights.
- For California Residents Only. LRP may disclose information gathered during registration to our affiliates who may use that information to market directly to you. As a California resident, you have the right to opt-out of having your personal information licensed to such third parties. We will not share your information after we have received your notification that you are opting out. If you wish to opt-out please email email@example.com or call 1-800-727-1227.
- What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
- LRP Websites have security measures reasonably expected in the industry, such as firewalls, in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Certain particularly sensitive information, such as your credit card number, collected for a commercial transaction is encrypted prior to transmission.
- You are ultimately responsible for the security of your LRP login credentials. You may not share your LRP login credentials. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
- LRP Privacy Statement for Information Collected Other Than Through LRP Websites
- The “cookies” and other tracking devices used by LRP Websites do not apply to personal information and demographic information gathered through channels other than LRP Websites.
- Hardcopy personal information and demographic information provided to LRP which is not converted to electronic media and hosted by LRP will be subject to different security procedures than will stored electronic personal information and demographic information; but LRP does have security measures reasonably expected in the industry in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your hardcopy personal information and demographic information under our control.
- Social Media Policy & Usage
- We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
- There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.